Cart abandonment is a problem that happens when a user puts items in their cart, goes to checkout, and then leaves before paying. They may do a lot of research and even like the products, but they may have trouble paying for them. This can be no preferred payment mode, low speed of the website, an interruption, etc.
It is easier to retain cart abandoners than attract new customers because these users already like your products. So, in this article, we’ll talk about how to deal with the problem of cart abandonment, especially if you have a dropshipping business.
How to keep people from leaving their shopping carts
We can get people to leave their online shopping carts less often by making the checkout process better, adding more ways to pay, and making a quick exit portal. Let’s see how we can achieve all this.
Lessen the shock of shipping:
The price of shipping could be the reason why a user makes a purchase on AliExpress but not on your dropshipping store. On AliExpress, there are a lot of fast, cheap, or even free shipping options. You need to offer the same to your users.
If people leave items in their online shopping carts, this is the main reason why. So, here are some things you can do:
- Explain shipping methods on the product page only.
- If a product ships for free, point that out.
- Make a deal where shipping is free on orders over [some amount].
- Charge more for shipping and offer a discount on it.
Build trust in ways to pay.
Would you, as a customer, give your cart to a stranger? Do you think it’s possible to pay through any payment portal now that cyber threats are getting worse? You can add new payment portals, but don’t forget the ones you know you can trust.
If you switched to a new way to pay and a lot of people are leaving their carts, you should make some changes.
- Include payment methods that people know and trust, like PayPal, Stripe, etc.
- If you can’t do that, offer payment when the item is delivered. For this, you’ll need to set up a separate way to get products sent to you and then send them to the user. This isn’t always easy.
- Provide payment protection details to users.
- Allow customers to see for themselves that the payment method is safe by giving them a video or short guide.
Have a way out.
In e-commerce, dropshipping, and cart abandonment, an exit plan is to give users something of value. People might just add items to their carts and leave an online shopping cart if they don’t see any value or are skeptical. Put value-added content on the platform to get them to the payment page. This could be any:
- A window that tells the user to get the deal right away.
- Discount for new customers
- Shipping is free.
- Contest announcements
But you have to plan how to use popups on the page where people leave their shopping carts. This is because taking up the whole screen would ruin the experience for the user. Just showing the offer over and over again on the screen will make the user less likely to finish the purchase and more likely to leave the online shopping cart.
Offer Better Customer Support
Let’s compare the problem of shopping carts being left behind to a real-life situation:
You are shopping for clothes in a store. You like the T-shirt, but you can’t find the right size. What do you think? You might want to ask the staff if they have anything in the back.
If you can’t find anyone to help you in this situation, wouldn’t you just leave?
This isn’t good service.
If you don’t respond to your users online, they may leave right away, which will cause a lot of carts to be left behind.
Here are the mediums you can use to offer customer service:
- Live chat
- Social media
Send Emails for Carts That Were Left Behind
One of the best ways to get people to come back to their carts is to send them an email when they leave it. You wait for the right amount of time, like 4–5 hours, and then send an email to the user reminding them of their online shopping cart.
You can do this by using a tool and integrating it with services like MailChimp so that cart abandonment messages are sent automatically at the right time.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about online shopping cart abandonment emails:
- Always choose a title or subject line that is interesting. This should get the user’s attention right away.
- Bring attention to the product’s best features or the fact that it’s running out of stock.
- Focus on making sure the content of the email is simple but still interesting.
- Give a discount to people who buy something in the next 24 hours.
Cart-abandonment emails are made for your customers based on what they want. You have to see how they respond and then use that to stop people from leaving their online shopping carts.
Improve Page Speed
The last cart abandonment issue is page speed. When a user can’t get to the payment page, they often leave the site instead. So, you need to make sure that every page on your website loads quickly.
For this, you can achieve the following:
- Use lower size images and media, such as Tiny PNG
- Cut down on plug-ins and GIFs.
- Pay someone to make your site’s pages load faster.
- Test your checkout process
Use a tool for drop shipping
Using a dropshipping tool can help you figure out what’s wrong with your dropshipping store and why people leave their carts. With this information, it’s easy to cut down on the number of people who leave their online shopping carts without buying anything.
This is how:
- With dropship-empire dropshipping tool, you can make and use offers for people who leave items in their carts.
- dropship-empire helps you find the best way to ship based on the order. It has a smart AI engine that can find the best way to ship something.
- You can improve the speed of customer care because dropship-empire integrate all the AliExpress orders to the dashboard. You can get data from this dashboard in just a few minutes and use it to help your customers.
Getting people to stay in their shopping carts longer helps you make more sales and get new leads quickly. Sometimes, just sending an email can help you regain these customers. So check out the tips above and start getting more people to buy from your dropshipping store.
A dropshipping tool like dropship-empire is the best way to get people to stay in your online shopping carts longer. It has a lot of features that make it easier to do other important business tasks as well. Check out our website to learn more about the dropship-empire dropshipping tool.