No matter if you want people to download an eBook from your site or buy something from it, you will need more leads to get your business going. To do this, you need to turn the people who visit your website into potential leads.
This is where the conversion rate can help you look at your marketing methods and make them better. Here, I’ll explain what conversion rate optimization (CRO) is and how you can do it yourself. Let’s begin!
What Does Optimization of Conversion Rate Mean?
In a nutshell, a conversion rate is a marketing formula that tells us how many people who visit a website have done what we want them to do. It could be buying something, downloading something, filling out a form, etc. Conversion rate optimization is the idea that you can increase this number by using some smart marketing techniques.
The formula for figuring out the exchange rate is very easy to understand. It is:
CRO = (Number of Sales/Total Number of Visitors) x 100
So, let’s say your website has 100 visitors and 5 of them did what you wanted them to do (fill out a form). In this case, 5% would be your CRO. The average conversion rate in eCommerce is 2.5%, but it can vary a lot from one industry to the next.
Why is the rate of conversion so important?
Now that you know how to figure out your conversion rate, let’s look at why it’s so important to improve it.
- Marketing ROI: This is, of course, one of the best ways to figure out how much your marketing efforts are worth. The better your website’s conversion rate, the better its return on investment (ROI).
- Sales: Let’s be honest, the main reason you do marketing is to make more sales. Conversion rate can be the link between your marketing and sales metrics because it can help you increase sales on your website as a whole.
- Visibility: A higher rate of conversion means that less people are leaving your website. So, it can help with the SEO of your website and make it easier for people to find.
- Other Benefits: Aside from that, optimizing your website’s conversion rate can help lower the cost per lead, increase the value of a customer over their lifetime, and even improve the overall user experience.
How to Turn Your Audience into Leads: Conversion Tools
Your conversion campaigns can have many different goals, like getting people to sign up for a newsletter or buy something. Before you use them, you should figure out what kind of online tool will work best for you.
This has to be the most common way to get people to enter your marketing funnel when they visit your website. Most of the time, landing pages are in the middle of a marketing funnel. Once you’ve got people’s attention, a landing page can help them learn more about your products. Based on what they learned on the landing page, they can do the task that was asked of them.
You can make pages just for forms, or you can add them to landing pages you already have. If you run a business that sells to other businesses, you might want to think of some interesting forms to get more leads. Try to make your form easy to use and simple so you can get all the information you need in less time.
Even your blogs can help you get more leads. This might surprise you. For example, you can use text-based “calls to action” (CTA) to steer your audience in a different direction. Some experts also use banners and tables to get people to leave their blogs and go to their websites.
Recommended Methods for Increasing Conversion Rates
As you can see, your content strategies can be used in so many ways to bring in new leads. But if you want to work on optimizing your conversion rate and turn more leads into customers, try these tips:
Do A/B testing ahead of time
Almost every expert in marketing will tell you to do this. Make sure you split test or A/B test your lead generation campaign before you fully launch it. You can use special tools or just do a survey on your own.
Come up with two or more final designs and send them to a group of people who are different from your target audience but similar to them. So, you’ll know which techniques work and how your users react to them. This will save you a lot of time and work when it comes to optimizing the content you already have.
Improve your best-selling content
Conversion rate optimization isn’t just about making new content that draws people in. A lot of people who are just starting out make the rookie mistake of ignoring their already popular content.
Make sure you use the content you’ve already put out there. For example, if you have a blog that went viral in the past, you can just change it and publish it again. You can also just put it out there again on social media. Since it would already have a lot of authority, you could also link back to your new content verticals from the blog.
Work on retargeting campaigns
In the long run, retargeting campaigns can do a lot for you. This should be a big part of your marketing plan because it can help you get more leads that you might not have gotten otherwise.
Let’s say a user has been to your site once and left without coming back. Now, you can just show them ads, send them emails to remind them, or do anything else. When they find out about a similar product they’ve seen before, they can go back to the landing page and finish the task.
Keep it easy to understand and simple.
Once you have their attention, try not to make them confused. It is very important that your message is clear. Come up with a single message that talks about your audience’s problems and how to solve them.
Don’t forget that your goal isn’t to make your audience experts on your tool or products. You don’t have to tell them everything you know. Still, make sure you highlight all the things that make your products and services stand out. Tell them how your product can improve their lives, and then lead them to buy it in a subtle way.
Make decisions based on facts.
Make sure you learn from your different marketing campaigns as you work on them. To come up with new ways to improve your conversion rate, you need to learn from your past mistakes and figure out what worked well.
For this, you can use a reliable tool like Google Analytics. You can get metrics like bounce rate, click-through rate, new users, average session length, and so much more by going to your Google Analytics dashboard.
You can also learn more about the most important demographics of your audience. All of this will help you figure out who your audience is and how they think, which will let you make better campaigns.
Use tools and plug-ins
Last but not least, you can increase the number of people who buy something from your website by using different marketing tools. There are many qualitative and quantitative tools, both free and paid, that can help you, such as:
- Tools for analyzing data, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Tools for funnels, such as WishPond, Leadpages, ClickFunnels, and more
- Tools for the Net Promoter System (NPS), such as SurveySparrow, Survey Kiwi, AskNicely, and others.
- Tools for capturing sessions, such as SiteRecording, HotJar, SmartLook, or Livesession,
- Tools for measuring customer satisfaction (CSAT) include Klaus, Nicereply, Lumoa, and Survicate.
- Tools for testing usability, such as Maze, Lookback, Loop11, and others
- Tools for analyzing forms, such as Inspectlet, Mouseflow, Lucky Orange, and Zuko
- The good news is that most of these tools have free trials that will help you figure out how they work before you sign up for a paid plan.
Try dropship-empire: It’s the best tool for dropshipping from AliExpress.
Even if you use these strategies to improve your conversion rate, you still need to have the right products in your online store. You can just ask for help from dropship-empire to find them and run your dropshipping store.
- AliExpress’s official dropshipping solution provider is dropship-empire, which works with Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix.
- On dropship-empire, there are many categories where you can find thousands of products from hundreds of trusted sellers.
- dropship-empire also has a feature called “Supplier Optimization” that lets you enter the details of any product and find the best supplier for it.
- There are also paid versions of dropship-empire, which are free to use and have features like variant mapping, bulk purchase, and bundled products.
- You can also manage multiple stores from one place, keep track of orders, sync updates, manage inventory, and do a lot more with the online tool.
I’m sure that this guide would have helped you understand the basics of conversion rate and why it’s important. I did more than just figure out your website’s conversion rate; I also gave you ways to improve it.
You can use these conversion rate optimization techniques in your own way to increase sales. If you have an online dropshipping store, though, you can just look at dropship-empire. It is the official dropshipping tool from AliExpress. It has a lot of features and works with all of the top platforms.