The world has definitely changed because of video content. Videos can be used for many different things, from teaching to just having fun. The good news is that people watching a lot of videos has also led to an economy for people who make videos.
With so many ways to make money from your videos, it’s easier than ever to make money from them. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of these great platforms and find out how they can help you.
Different Ways to Make Money from Videos
Even though there might be hundreds of different ways to share videos, most of them can be put into one of these categories. If you want to make money from your content, you can do so in the following ways:
Video Advertisement Platforms
These are some of the most well-known places to host and share videos. In this, different kinds of ads can help you make money. One of the best examples is YouTube, which gives the original creator a cut of the money made from ads.
This model is used by most of the eLearning platforms that are out there. In this case, the user will pay the video owner a certain amount. Udemy is a great example of how this model can be used. There, students just pay the creator (the owner of the course) to watch their videos and learn new things.
Model based on Subscriptions
This model is mostly used by big companies, not by people making their own things. Some examples of this are platforms like Netflix or Hulu, where users pay a monthly or annual fee to watch the videos. But now, YouTube channels made by individual creators can also have a subscription-based model.
Pros and cons of the best platforms for beginners to make money from videos
Without further ado, let’s look at some of the best ways to make money from videos that both experts and newbies can use.
We all know that YouTube has changed how we watch videos on different devices. YouTube is the biggest platform for sharing and hosting videos in the world. It is owned by Google and has more than 2.6 billion active users.
You can find almost any kind of audience on YouTube, which is a good thing. Creators can make all kinds of things for their YouTube channels, from animated videos for kids to how-to videos for adults. If you have more than 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours, you can also apply for the program to make money from your channel.
- Very simple to start and understand how it works.
- Requires no up-front cost
- YouTube gives content creators a number of tools and programs to use.
- Due to copyright claims, videos can be taken down.
- Not specific to a single domain, and it can be hard for beginners to get more people to read their posts.
UScreen is one of the best ways to make money from videos if you want to start a streaming business. It is a platform that has everything you need. You can upload your videos, make on-demand courses, or host live streams.
The best thing about UScreen is that it comes with a tool for making money and getting analytics. You can easily check how well your content is doing as a whole, which can help you market. Creators can choose from a variety of plans, and the platform can also help you make an app.
- Lots of tools for analytics and making money
- Interface that is clean and easy to use
- Quite expensive
- Most often recommended for pros or people who make content full-time.
Patreon is one of the best ways for professionals to make money from their videos. It will let you connect with its 8 million users, and you can even move your audience from other platforms. You should be able to set up your Patreon account and charge your audience a monthly, quarterly, or yearly fee to subscribe.
You can share more than just videos. For example, you could share podcasts, music, visual art, and so on. Most people who make videos use Patreon to share premium content with their small group of fans.
- It is very easy to set up and use Patreon.
- More help with your account and payments
- For its services, Patreon will take 5–12% of your income.
Amagi just came out, but it’s already getting a lot of attention in the content space. It lets us easily put our content on popular OTT platforms like Amazon TV and apps that go straight to the consumer.
It connects more than 200 million homes and works with more than 150 platforms. So, it doesn’t matter what kind of content you make or who your target audience is; you can easily meet your needs with Amagi.
- Lots of options
- Helps more than 150 platforms
- Excellent reach
- A little hard for newcomers to understand
- Can cost a lot
If you like to play games or stream live, Twitch should be your first stop. Twitch is a live video streaming service that is owned by Amazon. This means you can play their favorite games in front of your audience while talking to them.
You can make money in a lot of different ways on Twitch. Hosting subscriptions on your channel is the best option. You can also make money from ads, paid partnerships, donations, and other things.
- Several monetization solutions
- A game that is very popular in the gaming world
- Mostly only gamers use it.
Thinkific is one of the best ways for people with little experience to make money from their videos. It has an easy-to-use interface that will help you set up your channel. With Thinkific, you can start making money by sharing content that is either educational or fun.
You can make money by teaching something, giving webinars, or making online courses. There are also analytics and optimization tools built into Thinkific that you can use.
- Easy and beginner-friendly
- Help with exams and certifications (for educational content)
- Most of the extra features cost money.
- There is no live streaming option.
In a nutshell, Wistia is a platform for hosting videos that can help you make and share content that your audience can watch whenever they want. There are even tools that can help you promote your videos and podcasts on different sites.
Wistia is one of the best ways to make money from videos because it works well with all the big players. It has already worked with more than 300K content creators and helped them make money from their work.
- A lot of high-tech services
- Analytics tool built in
- Not available for free
Online teachers can use Udemy to make a lot of money without doing much work. The platform will let you make online courses about any topic that makes sense. After that, you can either market it yourself or use Udemy to get more leads.
Though, unlike other sites where you can make money from videos right away, it will take some time to make money on Udemy. To get the most out of it, you should first understand how it works for teachers and people who make content.
- Easy to use
- has millions of eager students
- only content that is educational
- Results don’t happen right away
dropship-empire can help you get started with dropshipping.
If you want to run your own business and have an online store, you can get help from dropship-empire. You can run all of your AliExpress stores from one place using the official AliExpress platform.
- Since dropship-empire is the official tool from AliExpress, it is very easy to use. You can even connect it to other platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix.
- dropship-empire lets you order a lot of products at once, set up bundles, manage different versions of the same product, and even set up dynamic pricing.
- It has a built-in supplier finder that lets you search for any product and find the best supplier for it right away.
- With its helpful features, like updating order statuses automatically, you can keep your customers up to date on their purchases.
- dropship-empire is a free tool that you can use to directly import thousands of products from AliExpress to your store. There are also paid upgrades you can get.
After reading this guide, I’m sure you’ll know about some of the best ways to make money from videos. I’ve made platforms that are both informative and educational, based on different models, for your convenience.
Before you spend time on these platforms, you should think about their pros and cons. If you don’t want to do that, you can use a dynamic tool like dropship-empire to run an online dropshipping store instead.