If you buy things from China, it’s important to know what the Chinese New Year is all about. Most businesses in China will close for the Chinese New Year.
But don’t be afraid!
When is the Chinese New Year?
The Chinese New Year will be on February 12 this year. Similar to how people in the west spend Christmas and New Year’s, suppliers in China usually take a week off to be with their families. So, most companies will stop making things during this time.
What to do to make sure you have enough stock and get it on time
- Get in touch with your sellers to find out when they work and see if that could affect your supply chains.
- Ask about the current stock. A lot of manufacturers will have enough stock on hand to keep selling even during the time off
- Let your customers know about changes in processing and delivery times based on the accurate information you get from your suppliers.
Some Other Ways Out
- Put your products on pre-sale so that customers know they will have to wait longer for their orders to be filled.
- Hide from your customers the products that will take a long time to arrive.
- After your customers have placed an order, send them an email to remind them of any delays.
- Answer your customers’ questions about the delays in a calm way.
- Being proactive is better than being reactive. If you’re going to be late, let your customers know.
- Use dropship-empire Supplier finder to find a new supplier that will work during the holiday and replace the old one.