WordPress is used by millions of people to make their websites, and it’s easy to see why. WordPress has a drag-and-drop block editor and thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes that make it easy and quick for people of all skill levels to make their own websites.
Not everyone can use WordPress, which is a shame. WordPress requires some knowledge of coding, which not everyone has because they are too busy growing their business or following their passions that don’t involve coding.
If you’re one of them, you don’t need to worry. The good news is that you don’t have to bang your head against a wall when making and managing a website because you don’t know which plugin to use to change the design, make a contact form, or add analytics tools.
There are many alternatives to WordPress, including platforms for publishing writings and websites for businesses. You will be able to find one that works for you.
Best WordPress Alternatives
Zyro is a cheap alternative to WordPress, and it also comes with an all-in-one web builder platform made by the same people who make Hostinger.
With their website builder, you can make websites even if you don’t know how to code or design. It comes with a logo maker, as well as useful AI tools and ready-made website templates. It also comes with more than a million free stock images.
With each Zyro plan, you get more powerful features. As an example, the Unleashed plan includes marketing integrations like Google Analytics, Facebook retargeting, and visitor remarketing.
Also, they have eCommerce plans that let you add as many products as you want, accept payments online, offer discount coupons, manage orders and inventory, and even connect your store to Amazon, Instagram, and Shopify.
- Zyro is fast and reliable because it runs on managed cloud hosting.
- It is easy to use because it has a simple interface and an editor that is easy to understand.
- A helpful AI tool that can be used to do many different things.
- Live chat, email, and a contact form are all ways to get help with customer service around the clock.
- As the website grows, the website’s storage and bandwidth also grow.
To change the look of a website template, you have to make a copy of the site and import its content into a new template.
Not as many advanced features are available as with other website builders.
Even though WordPress has a huge number of designs, we had to do a lot of tedious work and custom coding to make them fit our needs. Wix makes websites in a different way.
You can drag and drop the elements to move them around. The design options for each plan are all the same. Wix is a good choice if your website has less than 50 pages.
Video backgrounds and animations don’t cause any trouble. This website builder also does SEO the right way. Especially portfolio pages look good, and the best part is that they are easy to put together.
There are many business apps (like ones for hotels and restaurants) that can make your job easier if you work in one of these fields. Wix has dedicated support through live chat and email, and it also has support through email.
Once you choose a template, you can’t change it, and you’ll only have limited access to the source files. Also, you can’t do as much to improve how fast your site loads as you can with WordPress.
- You don’t have to be able to code.
- Hosting is free of charge.
- Even small online stores can use eCommerce features that are very powerful.
- There is a huge library of design options with more than 800 templates that can be changed.
- There are tools built in to help your site rank higher in search engines.
- Its free plan comes with a Wix subdomain and Wix ads.
- Once the site is live, you can’t change the template without starting from scratch.
- There is no customer service through live chat.
If WordPress seems too hard to understand, this is a good place to stop. Give Joomla! CMS has some cool features, the most important of which is managing web pages in more than one language, but it’s hard to use. Joomla! feels more like a professional website builder than WordPress.
In general, WordPress isn’t as safe as Joomla. Hackers tend to be attracted to the most popular platforms, and WordPress has become one of those.
Joomla also comes with built-in two-factor authentication, which makes it much harder for people who shouldn’t be on your site to get in.
- There are built-in tools for managing users.
- The WYSIWYG editor makes it easy for people who aren’t tech-savvy to change content.
- Included are a system that works in more than one language, SEO tools, and security features.
- Even though Joomla doesn’t have an official template library, you can find templates on sites that aren’t made by Joomla.
- Customer service is unavailable. Also, the community portal and forum have fewer members than WordPress.
- It takes a long time to learn.
Squarespace has a number of tools that can help people and small businesses build websites that look good and work well. Squarespace has everything you need to start a website, including domain registration, web hosting, themes, designed templates, online stores, and support.
After you publish your site, you can use the built-in analytics tool to find out where people are coming from to visit it.
You can make landing pages, eCommerce stores, and even drag-and-drop eCommerce stores with this website builder. Like other WordPress alternatives, it comes with a number of templates that can be easily changed to work on mobile devices.
- Templates that are free, clean, modern, and responsive.
- In all plans, you get unlimited bandwidth and storage space.
- It comes with a free domain name and web hosting.
- With its mobile apps, you can change your pages on the go.
- Live chat is available during business hours, and Twitter and email are always open.
- In the drag-and-drop editor, you can’t just drag the elements anywhere you want. It might take a while to learn how to use this tool.
- There are less plugins and templates.
- Versioning and automatic saving of content are not supported, so you will have to save changes by hand.
If you want to sell goods or services online, you will need a hosted eCommerce platform like Shopify.
Set up and run a Shopify store from the same place. With Shopify’s drag-and-drop website builder, you can choose from more than 70 eCommerce themes to make posts and pages.
Shopify’s cheapest plan costs $29 a month and includes blogging, customer reviews, and different ways to accept payments. It also has a feature for finding carts that have been left behind and analytics for your business’s traffic and products.
There are also two other plans with different prices and varying amounts of resources. Before you upgrade, check out Shopify’s app marketplace. HubSpot is one of the platforms that can be connected to Shopify to help you fill in any gaps in your business.
- The interface and editor are easy to use.
- A domain name and a hosting plan are both part of a hosting plan.
- Fraud analysis is one of the best ways to make sure that eCommerce is safe.
- Live chat, email, and phone support are available 24/7.
- There are over 100 payment gateways that can be used, and Shopify Payments is one of them.
- There is a transaction fee for payments that are processed by third parties.
- There are no archives or statistics about the blog.
The site-building tool Weebly is another site builder that is fully hosted. You can make your website with pre-made templates and a drag-and-drop page builder.
Weebly doesn’t have a lot of options for eCommerce, but you can use your own domain name. In our comparison, you can see how WordPress stacks up against Weebly.
- Offers a complete solution by giving users hosting, a domain name, and many of the features they may need to make a simple website.
- Themes can be changed even after a site has been made public.
- Email support is available 24/7. During normal business hours, you can get help by phone or live chat.
- With the Weebly mobile app, you can manage your website while you’re out and about.
- It’s a helpful SEO guide.
- In the free version, Weebly’s name and ads are there.
- Users who know how to code can use Weebly’s Code Editor, but there aren’t many ways to change it.
- If your site goes down, the Weebly support team is the only one who can fix it.
With Blogger, it’s easy to start a blog, add an SSL certificate, hosting, and templates, and get it up and running. Blogger is a popular way for new people to start blogs and business sites because it is easy to use and doesn’t cost much.
Your site will lose almost all of its power, though. If you break Blogger’s rules for the community, your site could be taken down at any time.
Both the way your site looks and how it works are limited. For example, you can’t change the layout or order of your blog’s content on the homepage by default. Also, you can’t make custom pages or post types, like portfolio pages.
You can add widgets from other sites to your Blogger site by adding HTML to your site’s source code or to the body of your post.
- Free web hosting and an SSL certificate.
- A tool for making blogs that was made with bloggers in mind.
- A WYSIWYG editor that is easy for new users to use.
- Because Google is in charge of this platform, it is safe and always up to date.
- By default, uses a Blogspot subdomain.
- There aren’t many ways to change it.
- Only a few themes and gadgets are shown here. Themes and gadgets for Blogger are the same as WordPress plugins.
Site123 is a hosted service that lets you make single-page and multi-page websites with helpful tools.
Site123 has free plans with a limited number of features. It has a 14-day money-back guarantee for its paid subscription plans: Basic for $7.80/month, Advanced for $13.80/month, Professional for $19.80/month, and Gold for $25.80/month. Plans can last anywhere from 3 to 36 months, and the price depends on how long the plan is.
Website123 is a good alternative to WordPress if you want to make a simple one-page website. It’s simple to set up.
- The editor for a website is easy to understand and use.
- Its plans all come with a free SSL certificate and free hosting.
- Support is available 24/7 via live chat.
- Every template has a version that works well on phones.
- As part of its free plan, Site123 gives you a subdomain and ads. Buy a premium plan if you want custom domain names.
- The template can’t be changed once the site is live.
Some WordPress users who wanted to focus on blogging thought that WordPress was going in a different direction. From this came Ghost, a blogging program built on NodeJS.
Ghost, on the other hand, is all about blogging and keeping things as simple as possible. It makes it easy for bloggers and readers to write and look around.
- By looking at information about members, you can find out which content is most interesting to the most active audience.
- There is no payment fee for selling premium content.
- Several tools, such as social sharing, payment gateways, and referral programs, are built in.
- With Node.js, pages can load faster.
- Members can be brought in from other platforms and brought out again.
- For Ghost that you host yourself, you can only get help on the community forum.
- A few main ideas.
OpenCart has a lot of built-in features and is especially good at making eCommerce websites. If you want to use Opencart for free, you will need to find a hosting service and a domain name.
OpenCart is a good alternative to WordPress that can be used to make an online store. OpenCart may be a good choice for medium to large businesses that want to sell internationally because it supports more than one currency and more than one language. It also has a number of other advanced features.
- You won’t have to spend too much of your budget on add-ons because there are so many features already built in.
- Using the Guest Checkout feature, people who go to the website can shop without making an account.
- Show any number of products.
- Payment methods are diverse.
- The site is already set up to work on mobile devices.
- For store customization, you may need to know how to code.
- There is no customer service through live chat, and you can only call for help Monday through Friday.
- How to Use a Website Builder
- Over the last few years, website builders have become very useful tools. Most of the time, whether they have a blog or not, they make traditional websites. Most of them also let you make an online store that looks good and is easy to use.
The fact that hosting, domains, and website editors are all taken care of by the same company is a benefit. You can also use these tools to make an online store that is easy to use and looks good.
Most website builders let you make a website by doing the following:
- You can sign up for a free account or a free trial.
- Pick a pattern you like.
- Make the content on your site more unique.
- It doesn’t require you to install any software on your computer or on a web server, nor does it require you to use an FTP client. You can get a domain name from the same company that gives you the website builder.
Web builders also offer individual help, which is especially helpful for people who are just starting out. So you won’t have to look through a bunch of web forums to find answers.
The tools themselves are very easy to use, though. Since you work right on the site, you can see the results right away. In contrast to WordPress, where you use an abstract editor, a website builder shows you what you get right away.
When building a great online store, it is important to use the right tools.
WordPress is so popular with businesses because it has so many great features, like highly effective search engine optimization and up-to-date blogging tools. WordPress is one of the best choices, but it won’t be the best for everyone.
Depending on your needs, one of the WordPress alternatives we listed above may be a better choice for you. You might have more control over the design, a shorter learning curve, or even better data and analytics.
You have the last word now. We’ve told you everything we could find out about some of the best alternatives to WordPress. If you want to try out free trials, we suggest that you go out and try them for yourself. By doing this, you can make sure you get what you need.