Dropshipping on Shopify is the best way for entrepreneurs who are just starting out in eCommerce to make money. It has its pros and cons, but the main thing that draws newcomers to the industry is how fast and easy it is to set up and run an online store, even if you don’t know much about the subject. Because of this, up to 33% of online stores use dropshipping as their business model, according to these statistics.
Dropshipping can be a second job, as many people would agree, because it doesn’t take up much of your time and energy. But don’t get too excited so soon. This is possible, but you’ll need a well-thought-out plan for your store to make it happen. So, the most important question is: “Have you heard of Shopify?” If not, read this guide carefully and learn all of its details because it will make it easy for you to run your Shopify dropshipping store.
Shopify is a Canadian eCommerce company that is known for helping online business owners by giving them a platform that has everything they need to start, run, and grow their businesses.
It gives online retailers a lot of benefits, including different payment, shipping, eCommerce marketing tools, and customer engagement features and apps. These benefits are meant to make it easier to start, run, and grow a dropshipping business.
What are Shopify’s services?
The best thing about Shopify is that it was made with both new and experienced business owners in mind who are ready to tackle the eCommerce market. Shopify gives its clients a lot of built-in features that are easy for anyone to use.
The main things that the platform has to offer are:
- Online store + dropshipping blog
- Accounts for staff (the number depends on the pricing plan)
- 24/7 support
- Sales channels
- Locations (the number depends on the pricing plan) (the number depends on the pricing plan)
- Creating orders by hand
- Coupon codes
- The SSL certificate is free
- Recovering an abandoned cart
- Present cards
- Shopify works with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Amazon (see Shopify vs. Amazon dropshipping), SaveMySales, Hubspot, Klayvio, Optimonk, Zapier, Facebook, Instagram, and many more.
- There are both free and paid Shopify live support apps and Shopify dropshipping apps.
How much do Shopify’s plans cost for drop shipping?
As of right now, Shopify has three main pricing plans, but if you’re not sure which one to choose, you can always choose the free trial and choose your subscription package later.
- The basic plan, which costs $24 per month and 2.9% plus 30 per online transaction, includes all of the above-mentioned main features, as well as two staff accounts and four locations. It’s mostly meant for new businesses, as it gives your store the basics it needs to get off to a good start.
- The $69/month Shopify plan with 2.6% + 30 per online transaction includes everything you need for a business that is growing. More specifically, it includes all of the main features, five staff accounts, five locations, professional reports, shipping, and payment benefits.
- The advanced plan costs $299 per month and costs 2.4% plus 30 for each online transaction. It has all the features of the other two plans, plus 15 staff accounts and eight locations. The advanced plan also has an advanced report builder and shipping rates that are calculated by a third party.
How do I get started with dropshipping on Shopify 2023?
Sign up for a Shopify account
- Visit www.shopify.com/signup;
- Fill in your email address, password, and the name of your store. If you’re having trouble coming up with a name, you can also get a free business name and logo on the page for building your brand.
- Click “Create your store” and give the platform the rest of the information it asks for.
- Click the “Enter my store” button.
Make changes to your online shop
Once you’ve decided on a name and a supplier that works with your Shopify store, you can start coming up with ideas. Shopify has both free and paid themes for Shopify web design, as well as many different types of pages you can add to your site, like the homepage, product pages, about us, contact us, frequently asked questions, etc.
- Go to the menu on the side and click “Online Store.”
- Click “Themes” to see the best Shopify dropship themes, and use the other fields to make your site even more unique.
Buy a domain
There are a few ways to buy and set up a domain for your online store.
- Click “Add domain” on your homepage. Then, you can come up with a name for your store
- which will be added to the “my.shopifystore.com” domain. The result will be “your-store-name.myshopify.com.”
The second choice:
- If you have already bought a domain for your store from a third-party provider, you can connect it to your store by clicking “Connect existing domain.”
The third choice
- Click “Buy new domain” on Shopify to buy a domain name.
- Even if you leave the platform, you get to keep the domain.
Choose your payment options
On your home page, click “Settings.”
To set up your dropshipping payment gateways, click on “Payments.”
Add your items.
- Choose “Products” from the menu, then click “Add product.”
- Give information about the product, like its title, description, price, shipping information, images, price, etc.;
- Click the “Save product” button.
Make your online store work best.
Optimizing a Shopify store is one of the most important parts of setting it up. Even if you have the coolest trending products in your store, you can lose valuable customers if you don’t optimize them. Shopify also took care of this.
The platform has ready-made SEO for Shopify dropshipping features that let you write your store’s meta title and meta description, which are important for your search engine rankings. Also, if you open the “Apps” field, you’ll find a lot of apps you can add to your store. These are also in the Shopify App Store.
Open up shop
To make your Shopify store public, make sure to remove your password:
- Go to “Online Store,” then click “Preferences.”
- Go to “Password Protection” and uncheck the “Enable password” field.
Shopify and dropship-empire, you can do dropshipping.
To make sure you always have dropshipping sales coming in, it’s best to connect your Shopify store to a dropshipping supplier like dropship-empire that can offer you premium products of the highest quality, great profit margins, and a fully automated dropshipping system.
The process is made to be pretty simple and easy so that anyone can join dropship-empire and directly import their catalog to their store within a couple of hours. The company’s automation plugin makes sure that it works well with all clothing stores that use Shopify. The main benefits of the plugin are automatic inventory updates and automatic order placement, which is something that every dropshipper would love to have.
Shopify’s tools will help you keep learning.
After setting up and launching your online store, your journey with Shopify isn’t over. Shopify is a platform that not only helps you start your dropshipping business from scratch, but also improves and grows it. Shopify has a lot of helpful tools that can help you build a successful dropshipping business. You can take courses on Compass to learn how to grow a business that makes money, listen to Masters podcasts to learn about e-commerce and dropshipping, read articles on Shopify’s blog, and look through guides.