If you run an online store, it’s best to only work with a few dropshipping suppliers and sell their products smoothly. So, you can avoid problems with technology or logistics that would come up if you got goods from tens of partners.
Do you have a dropshipping store and want to know how to make it better? When you use this model of trading, you probably want your supplier partners to handle all logistics tasks. It’s a big plus that you don’t have to keep items in stock, but you should try to avoid picking up items one by one from just about any company. If you want the order flow to be smooth and easy, you should only work with a few dropshipping suppliers.
Too Many Partners Can Be a Problem for Dropshipping Suppliers
Let’s go over some of the problems you might run into if you work with too many dropshipping suppliers. If you’re new to ecommerce and just looking for dropshipping suppliers, it’s good to know that you shouldn’t have too many partners. If you’ve been in business for a long time and want to add more products to your line, you might have trouble working with too many suppliers. You need to work on these things.
- Different shipping conditions are hard to fine-tune because you can only set one in your store: You will have to look at the terms and conditions of all of your supplier partners and make one that covers everything, including days and fees.
- Arrival of Products on Different Days: If your customer puts more items from different suppliers in their shopping cart, they will get different packages on different days.
- No Close Relationships With Dropshipping Partners: If you only sell two or three products from a lot of different suppliers, you aren’t building long-term relationships with your dropshipping partners, which would be helpful if any problems came up.
- No Unified Product Selection: To have a unified selection of products, you should only get them from one or two places. To give you just one example, think about having images of products in your store that are of different quality and style.
- High Risks: If there is a problem with an order or anything to do with the products, you must fix it as soon as possible to keep your customers. You won’t be able to keep track of twenty suppliers because you don’t have direct contact with them and they won’t even know who you are.
Why only work with a small number of dropshipping suppliers?
If you think about the problems you’d have if you got your products from too many places, you can probably see why it’s better to have just a few dropshipping partners. Let’s talk more about it.
- Easy to Balance Shipping Conditions: If you only work with 1-3 companies, it’s easier to balance the shipping conditions of your supplier partners with your store’s settings.
- Products Come at the Same Time: Customers won’t get packages from the same order on different days. It’s possible if you only work with one supplier partner. Or, you could make sure that the suppliers you choose have very different product lines that customers probably won’t buy from at the same time.
- Good Relationships With Suppliers: You can make good connections with your partners. Before you start selling their goods, you should talk to them about everything important. They will know who you are if they have any questions. You can both be trusted.
- Unified Product Selection: When you have a unified product selection, it’s not only easier to tell which goods belong to which supplier, but customers will also be able to see for themselves that your store is clean.
- Low Risk: You can talk to your partners right away. If you have any problems, they will be there to help you. You don’t have to start at the beginning and tell the whole story. They already know it. Also, they won’t just vanish without a trace and you won’t be able to tell which of 20 suppliers’ products are missing from your store.
How to Choose a Partner: What to Think About?
It’s not enough to know that it’s better to work with a few partners than with a lot of them. You need to make sure that the few business partners you choose are actually good for your business.
- Choose Real Suppliers, Not Just Resellers: Choose suppliers who own or make the products, not just those who sell them. Make sure you can make a lot of money from your work. Ask them for everything you need to know.
- Warehouse Close to You for Quick Delivery: Choose partners whose warehouses are close to you and your target audience so you can deliver quickly.
- Market Demand for the Products: There are many things to think about when deciding what to sell. You have to be interested in the category you choose, and you can’t be the only one on the market. Check out what the market wants. Find out more about your target market and make your offer even better.
- Products in the Language of Your Audience: Fill your store with products that have a description and title in the language of your audience. Find a way to translate them if they didn’t.
- Choose Relevant Partners: It may sound a little strange. This means that you have to choose companies that you can get in touch with. If you’re just starting out and don’t have a good online store, don’t sell high-end products. This will only make it harder for you to get going.
- Great Customer Service: You need to talk to a supplier before you start selling their products through any system. This way, you can get in touch with one of the team members directly, and you can also see how quickly they respond. If you can depend on them.
- There are technical solutions for everything: Choose a supplier if there are all the technical tools you need to add their products to your online store, keep the information up-to-date, and share order information with them.
Top Tips to Help You Run Your Dropshipping Store Better
- Use only one to three dropshipping suppliers.
- Sell products your target audience demands. Look into the market.
- Choose a category of products that you care about.
- Choose local businesses that sell good products and ship them quickly.
- Make a clean store with all the important written information and great pictures.
- Think about marketing.
Where Can You Find Suppliers for Dropshipping?
Checking out dropship-empire Marketplace can be a good idea if you want to find real and reliable B2B dropshipping suppliers. It is dropship-empire huge list of millions of dropshipping products from the US, Canada, the EU, the UK, Australia, and more.
The platform not only helps you find dropshipping suppliers whose products and terms meet all of your needs, but it also takes care of the automatic, daily synchronization of product data and the flow of order data. Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, BigCommerce, Ecwid by Lightspeed, Jumpseller, Shoprenter, and KMO Shops are all used to run dropship empires.