Starting in January, AliExpress will have the same shipping options for all of its products.
Because of this, you may have fewer or different shipping options for some of your orders.
The standard way to ship
AliExpress is currently making changes to how some products can be shipped across its entire website.
The goal is to make the users’ choices easier.
Still, the following three AliExpress shipping options will still be available:
- Standard shipping from AliExpress takes between 7 and 15 days.
- AliExpress Premium Shipping: Estimated delivery time is between 15 and 45 days
- AliExpress Saver Shipping – TBD (details are not settled yet concerning the name of the delivery method and the estimated delivery time we will update this information as soon as we hear back from AliExpress)
Because of this change, some shipping methods that were available before will no longer be available for some products going to some countries.
Some of your favorite shipping methods, like E-Packet, Yanwen, China Post, Sunyou Economy, EMS, SF Eparcel, and so on, may no longer be available.
Note that the full list of affected products and countries is not yet available, but we will post it as soon as it is.
What Should You Do?
Dropship-empire is working on a feature that will let you know if an order is using a shipping method that is no longer available. This will help you adapt to AliExpress’s new shipping method standardization and make sure you don’t run into problems like this.
In the meantime, please be careful with the shipping method you set as the default on dropship-empire and the shipping methods that are available for your product on AliExpress.
Until the feature is ready, you should make sure that the default shipping methods you set globally, for certain countries, or for certain products are still available. This will keep your orders from having any problems.
This will be a lot of work at first, especially if you sell a lot of products and have different shipping methods for different countries and products. However, you need to do this to make sure that your orders on AliExpress don’t fail or that AliExpress doesn’t replace your favorite shipping method with a cheaper one when it becomes unavailable.
Even if you chose a shipping method that is no longer available, you can still place an order on AliExpress while the changes are being made.
- You chose E-packet to send your packages to Australia.
- E-Packet is no longer available.
- AliExpress still lets you place the order.
- Then AliExpress will automatically switch from E-Packet to the cheapest shipping method available for Australia.
- Even though this will make it easier for you to place orders, the shipping method that is chosen for you may be slower than what you want and cause your orders to take longer to arrive.
How to Make This Right
Start by going to dropship-empire– Setting – Shipping.
Find the setting for Shipping.
Check the shipping methods you set as the default for certain countries
We can see that we chose E-Packet as the default shipping method for Australia and Cainiao as a backup in case E-Packet isn’t available.
Now, we need to check to see if the products we sell can still be shipped using these two methods or not.
Go to AliExpress and look for the item you want to sell. Click on it to see what shipping options are available.
You will see all the available shipping methods.
We set ePacket and Cainiao as the default shipping methods for Australia, and we can see that they are still available for this country.
Now let’s look at another item.
Go to the product page on AliExpress and click to see the shipping options.
We can see that Cainiao and E-Packet are no longer available for this item.
If you ordered this item, AliExpress would change the shipping method you chose by default to the cheapest one available (AliExpress Standard Shipping here).