When you first think about opening a dropshipping store, all you can think about is how to make your website. Shopify is one of the best places to sell things on an e-commerce website. Because of this, most new dropshipping businesses use Shopify to set up and run their stores and businesses.
But at the bottom of your website or in the footer, it says “Powered by Shopify.” It might be hard to figure out how to get these “powered by” links off your website. So, in this article, we’ve gone over three ways to change the Shopify “Powered by” link. Here’s more:
Can you take away Powered by Shopify?
Yes is the quickest and easiest answer to this question. You can get rid of the Shopify link that says “Powered by” from your website.
Some dropshipping store owners want to get rid of it for the following reasons:
- They don’t want to make users think that someone else is selling these products or services, which would be confusing.
- Customers look for business information in the footer, so you need to put your information there.
- You need to change “Powered by Shopify” so that it looks better.
- Users know that they want to see things on your website that look nice. When the Shopify link in the footer doesn’t look good, you may end up disappointing your users. So, try removing the Shopify Powered link to increase the number of people who visit your website.
How to Take Off Shopify runs the site.
You can remove “Powered by Shopify” from your website in three easy ways. All of these methods can be used depending on your technical skills, your Shopify theme, and your personal preferences. So, carefully read each method to learn how to get rid of the Shopify link from your website.
Change Change Language
First on our list of ways to get rid of the “Powered by Shopify” link is to change the language of your theme. Here, we are not changing the code. Instead, we are just changing the language to get rid of the Shopify Powered by link.
If you click on this link, you’ll see that Shopify also recommends this method.
So, here are the steps that help you change language and get rid Powered by Shopify link:
- Go to Online Store on Shopify.
- Here, click on Themes and then Actions.
- You’ll find Edit languages under Actions.
- You can just search for “Powered” in the languages menu to open “Powered by Shopify.”
- When you type this into the Filter box, Powered by Shopify will show up in a faded way under Links, Checkout & Systems, or Password Page.
- If you press this space where it says “Powered by Shopify,” it will go away.
In the HTML search bar, you can do the same thing. It will get rid of Powered by Shopify on its own.
Last, you need to scroll up and click Save in the upper right corner.
Now, if you look at the footer of your website, you won’t see “Powered by.”
So, this is the easiest of the three ways we’ll show you to get rid of the Shopify link. You don’t need to understand anything else or know how to code. Just do what we’ve said above to edit your Shopify link.
Change the Code
If you don’t want to use the above method to get rid of the “Powered by” link, you can also edit the code. This one might take a while, and you’ll need some technical skills to do the same thing.
Here are the steps to use the code to change the footer:
- Go to Online Store in your admin area.
- Find and open Themes from here.
- Action, which takes you to Edit Code, is written in it.
- There is a folder called sections in the Edit Code. If you open this, you’ll find the footer.liquid.
- When you click on footer.liquid, the code will show up on the right.
- Here, you can search for “poweredbylink” by pressing CMD+F or CTRL+F, depending on your operating system.
- Once you find the link, you have to get rid of the code. In particular, you need to get rid of small class=””site-footercopyright-content” site-footercopyright-content–powered-by”=””> poweredbylink.
- Now, how many times this code is used will depend on your theme. There might be more than one place for “Powered by Shopify” in some themes. To get rid of Powered by from the code completely, you have to find every instance and delete it.
Last, you hit Save, which will save your code.
If you go to your website after this, Powered by Shopify won’t be there.
But, wait! Remember that if you ever change your website’s theme or move it, you’ll have to go through the same steps again to get rid of the “Powered by Shopify” link. Each theme needs to go through these steps on its own.
Uninstall on the mobile app
The Shopify Mobile app is the last way to get rid of Powered by Shopify.
We know that many people who run dropshipping businesses only use the e-commerce admin portal on their computers. But the number of people who use their phones is growing very quickly. There is also a Shopify app for these users. You can also take the “Powered by Shopify” line out of the app. Check out how it works:
Open the Shopify dashboard on the app.
- You can find Online Store under the Sales channel.
- Here, click on Themes and choose the theme you want.
- Go to Actions and then Edit Languages.
- In the Filter Box, you must type “powered,” just like in the first method.
- This will get you the phrase “Powered by Shopify.”
- Put a space where Powered by Shopify is to get rid of it.
- Save the changes, and then leave.
- This is the last way to get rid of “Powered by” from your Shopify dropshipping website. Look at each method and choose the one that seems easiest and most useful to you.
What to Put Instead of “Powered by Shopify” in the Footer
What can you put in place of this link when you finally get rid of “Powered by Shopify”?
In this case, the best choices are:
First, talk about your brand, what it stands for, and how you decided to start a dropshipping business.
Second, add a trust badge if you don’t want to talk about your brand because you don’t want users to know you’re a dropshipping business. This trust badge will help your users trust your brand, checkout, payment portal, and other parts of your website.
You can add a badge that says “Money-Back Guarantee” or “Secure Checkout,” both of which are powered by payment portals. You can also buy trust badges that say things like “Free Shipping,” “Free Returns,” etc.
Many providers will also give your website a trust badge if you meet their requirements and apply for the badge separately.
Simply put, you can take “Powered by Shopify” off your website and replace it with something else. Just look at all of the above methods and see which one you can understand and use without any problems.
Use this extra space to talk about your brand or show off your trust badges.
If you run a dropshipping store, a dropshipping tool like dropship-empirecan help you. It is an AliExpress d ropshipping tool that helps you organize your supply chain, find the best sellers for a product, and handle customer questions. On our site, you can learn more about the dropship-empire tool.