With so many free themes to choose from on Shopify, it can be hard to figure out which one is best for your online business.
Even though many themes have the same features, they are not all made for the same niches.
If you choose the wrong theme for your Shopify store after you’ve built it, changing it will be a lot of work because you’ll have to start from scratch.
This means you have to upload all the products from the old theme again to the new one.
We’ll be doing a review of the Shopify Supply theme and going into detail about what it does.
More importantly, we will find out if this theme is right for your Shopify store.
What is the theme for Shopify Supply?
Supply is a free Shopify theme that was made by the company itself. It was made especially for people who want a simple look for their online store.
It looks clean, and the photos and collections are put in places that don’t look cluttered.
People with a lot of items to sell should use this theme, because it lets you upload more than 50 products and five collections.
The layout is smooth overall, which makes it easy to move around at the top of the page.
It has two different styles. You can choose to go Blue or Light.
With the Blue theme, you can put up to six collections under your sliders. Just below that, you can have one featured collection, followed by two rows of your products.
With the Light theme, you can only show off four collections and a featured collection below it.
After your featured collection, the footer shows up right away, so there are no more product rows.
Both themes can be changed, and they both have the same functions and features.
Before you choose, it’s best to look at the demos of each one, because switching from one theme to another can change how your store looks.
Features of the Shopify Theme
Since Shopify Supply is a simple theme, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that its value proposition is also simple.
But that doesn’t mean it isn’t flexible enough to meet your needs. It can do many of the same things as other free themes.
Here are the theme’s most important parts.
- Large Number of Products: Unlike other themes, which only let you add up to 50 products, this one lets you add a lot more. Because of this, it works best for businesses that sell a lot of different kinds of goods, like cameras, watches, and fashion accessories.
- Featured Collections: Most themes don’t let you show more than four collections on the home page, but this one lets you show up to six collections. Visitors to your site will trust you more if you have more collections.
- Collection Filtering: The theme has a sidebar that lets you turn on a module for filtering. Once this is turned on, your customers will be able to check and uncheck boxes to narrow their search by brand, price, or other criteria.
- Home Page Slideshow: Since the theme wants you to sell a lot of things, you can put several slideshows at the top of your page. But these slides can’t have links or buttons that can be clicked on. You can only upload pictures, not videos.
- As you can see, this theme’s most important parts are those that focus on the customer.
They let you set up your store’s interface in a way that makes it easy for customers to find their way around your site.
This is important because customers will leave websites that are hard to use.
Give Theme Backend Functions
Like other Shopify themes, the Supply theme lets you change a lot of the site’s features to match your business’s brand.
Here are some things you can do from the backend.
- Content Sections: You can change how your home page’s sections look. If you don’t want a featured collection, you can take this part out of the theme. You can also choose how many rows of products to show and add or take away sections from the footer.
- Customizable Slider: The number of sliders on the home page can be changed. You can put just one if you want to. You can also change the number of seconds between each time the slider moves.
- Keep in mind that the sliders do not go all the way across the page. About a quarter of the side of the home page is blank space.
- SEO: Every title and description of a product is optimized. You can change the Meta title and Meta description to make it easier for search engines to find and list the content of your online store.
- Use important keywords in these places to make the most of this. Check out our list of SEO plugins that will help you get even better at optimizing.
Also, make sure that the titles and descriptions in the Meta tags match what Google wants. Don’t forget that they need to tell people what to do.
Drop Downs: You can add or remove drop downs from the top of the page, and you can also add subcategories to make it easy for your customers to find what they’re looking for.
“Cameras” is one of your main categories. You can make a drop-down menu that shows brands like Nikon, Canon, and more.
When a customer clicks on a drop-down, he will be taken to that product collection.
Social Media: The theme has icons for Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, among others. You can connect your social media accounts to these icons.
All you have to do is type the URL of your social media profile in the boxes provided, and the site will connect them for you.
If a customer clicks on the Facebook icon, his browser will take him to your Facebook profile page.
You can also use the theme to add pages like “About Us,” blog posts, shipping information, terms and conditions, return policies, and more.
Use all of these things to make your site look professional and give your customers as much information as they need.
Provide Shopify Theme with Advanced Functions
Here are some of the parts of this free Shopify theme that you can change.
We can’t name them all, but this should give you an idea of how far you can go with it.
Header: The parts of your header page can be changed. You can add a logo that will show up on the site, and you can also put a simple message at the top of the page. This could be a catchphrase or something funny that your customers would like.
Footer: Put important documents in the footer section. You can add a “About Us” page, a “Contact Us” page, “Terms and Conditions,” “Shipping Terms,” “Returns and Refund Policy,” “Quick Links,” and a “Newsletter” or “Email Collection” bar.
Customers are more likely to buy from you if they can see that you accept the payment methods they already have. With this theme, you can check boxes to show which payment methods you accept, like PayPal and different credit cards.
Methods of payment
Product Page Customization is the most important part of your business because this is where the customer will read everything there is to know about your product.
Page of Products
With the product page editor, you can create discounts and show the customer how much he will save if he buys now.
Other themes don’t have this feature, so you have to add a separate app to make it work.
You can also turn on the zoom feature. When a customer moves his mouse over the photo, it will get bigger.
This is like what you can find on Amazon. When you move your mouse over an Amazon listing, the picture of the product gets bigger and clearer.
You can also add a stock count, which you can use to your advantage because customers will panic if they see that the product they are looking at is the last one.
On the product page, there are more features that you can turn on and off.
You can change settings like Compare Pricing, Show Related Products, Product Sharing through social media icons, and Variant Picker.
What’s good about using this theme
This review of the Shopify Supply theme wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t talk about the pros.
Some of the reasons why this theme will work for your business are listed below.
- Free: You can use the theme for free, and there are no hidden costs. Except for your monthly Shopify bill, you don’t have to pay for any subscriptions.
- Customizable: You can change a lot of things about the site. You can change the colors and fonts if you want to. This gives you the freedom to make an online store that fits with the look and feel of your brand.
- Updates are free, and you can expect to get them often for your theme. This is important because if a website doesn’t keep up with international standards, it will fall behind. As technology changes, the code in your online store must be able to work with modern browsers, modern phones, faster internet speeds, and more.
- Mobile-friendly, which means that if your customers are shopping on their phones, the theme will change the layout automatically. Now your website will look like an app, and your customers will love how easy it is to use.
- Email Subscription: The theme lets you ask your customers for their email addresses. If you want to, you can also take it away. Since the email collection bar is in the footer, it doesn’t get in the way and won’t bother your customers.
- You can put a message here, so make sure to come up with a tagline that will make the customer want to give you his email address.
What Customers Say
Now, let’s see what customers think about this free Shopify theme. We’ll see if the feedback is something you need to worry about.
The theme gets a strong 65% rating out of 40 reviews, which is a lot.
Here are common complains.
Old browsers can’t work with the theme. Most of the time, the drop-down menus don’t work because the customer is using an old browser.
Visitors to the site should use Internet Explorer version 11 or a similar version.
The theme was not made with the usual language for liquid coding. If you want to make big changes, many experts and web developers can’t help you.
- These are small problems, especially since this theme is free.
- As for the code, it’s best not to mess with themes that have already been made.
- If you want to make a website that fits your needs, it’s better to start from scratch and build a store.
- Aside from these two complaints, users have no other bad things to say.
Overall, the Shopify Supply theme will get 4.6 out of 5 stars from us.
It works best for people who.
- Have a lot of stock.
- Want to get people’s email addresses and put more effort into social media campaigns?
- Want to put up to six collections on the site, but they need reviews of their products first.
- We need the slider, but not the button that makes it work.
- Want a font and color palette you can change?
- The theme takes into account how you market, how big your inventory is, how hard it is for customers to get around your site, and how easy it is for you to build.
It’s also easy to connect to apps that can help you sell more.
If you use the Supply theme for Shopify, you won’t be sorry. It’s no cost! Check it out and let me know what you think.