There are too many things to take care of when setting up a dropshipping business, like your dropshipping website, product list, and choice of tools. In the middle of all of this, your dropshipping store’s Instagram account becomes an afterthought.
But when you’re finally ready to set up your Instagram account, it can be hard to know what to include, what to write, and how to get people to follow you. The Instagram bio is not like the way you describe yourself on Facebook. It has a short description of your business and other information, such as hashtags, a call-to-action (CTA), your website’s handle, etc.
So, what is the best way to write a bio for Instagram? Is there a certain way to write an Instagram bio that isn’t said? Let’s take a look:
What Are the Best Parts of an Instagram Bio?
What should your Instagram bio include?
Several things should be kept in mind:
- Don’t forget to put the most important information about your brand front and center.
- Give your users a way to talk to each other.
- Show off the value of your business, your personality, and your voice.
- Always emphasize what makes you different (USP).
We have a list of things that will help you make the best Instagram bio.
- Add an elevator pitch. This is a one-line summary of who you are and what you do.
- Make sure you tell your users that you know a lot about the subject. You don’t have to write about yourself in this case. Just write a short, clear bio and add things that show off your experience.
- You can use different and unique voice tones for your business. But this should be the same across all ways of talking. It won’t help you if you have a fun bio on Instagram but a boring, formal website.
- If your business has a specific hashtag, don’t be afraid to use that hashtag in the best bio for Instagram.
- A good idea for your Instagram bio is to include a call-to-action link to your website, Facebook page, or Shopify store.
- Your Instagram bio should look good in terms of layout, placement of content, spacing, and everything else. So, if you put a long sentence, a one-word description, and a break in the middle of a sentence in your Instagram bio, it would not look good.
How to Make the Best Bio for Instagram in Minutes
If you want to write the best bio for Instagram in less than few minutes, here are some tips that will help you include everything we’ve talked about so far. Read the tips, take few minutes away from your business, and make a great Instagram bio.
A lot of people think that your Instagram bio is just what you write in the “About Us” section. But it contains your whole profile. So, let’s start by talking about the profile picture.
Even before your followers or visitors open your profile, they look at your profile and see your profile picture. It shows up in the search, and just a quick look at your profile picture can tell a lot about you.
Here are some things to think about when choosing your profile picture:
- Your profile picture is a high-quality picture.
- It shows what your brand is all about.
- This profile picture is always used on all social media platforms.
- The logo of most dropshipping businesses is used as their profile picture. This is a good idea, but you need to make different sizes of logos for each social media account.
For example, you need at least 110 x 110 pixels for your Instagram bio. If you go bigger than 200 x 200, your followers may only see a blurry picture.
Also, you should remember that your profile picture (read: logo) is the face of your brand. You need to spend considerable time designing a unique logo that depicts your unique value. This logo shouldn’t look like that of another brand, because that could confuse your customers.
You need to choose a name for your brand now that you have a profile picture or logo.
This is what your Instagram username is and what the name of your Instagram account is. Your username is the name you use to log in. If your handle looks like clothing store 3456, you won’t look like a professional.
You need a business name in your Instagram bio handle. This is because your Instagram followers find you through your username. So, when you are thinking of a name for your dropshipping business, you should check right away to see if these names are already taken on Instagram.
Your business name is the same as the name of your business on Instagram. So you don’t need to think too much about this. But sometimes on Instagram, it’s popular to write bio names in cursive, other languages, or other creative ways. Keep an eye on these styles and change your Instagram name to match.
URL that can be clicked on
The best Instagram bios have both links to your website and links to your products. You need to remember that you can’t add clickable URLs anywhere on Instagram except in the bio. So, you need to add a URL that can be clicked on. This can be a link to a product page, a website page, or a seminar.
For example, if you’re putting out a new product, you can change the link in your bio to the URL of the product.
The most important part of your Instagram bio is your description. You only have 150 characters to describe your dropshipping business and get people interested in it. You have to use all of it, but you don’t have to explain it all. In this case, incomplete sentences and short slogans will also work.
Just put in the important details, give an idea of what your business is about, and make it your own.
Here, you can put your business’s name and a link to your Facebook page. When you post something on Instagram, it can also be posted on Facebook automatically.
In this section, you can also say more about your business, what it does, and what value you offer.
CTA or Site
Lastly, you can add different CTAs to your website through Instagram. Among these are the following:
- Your company’s email
- instructions on how to find you
- Dial or call the number
- The button for your reservations
- CTA is important for getting in touch with your users. This means that your visitors will be able to find your website and shop from your dropshipping store with the help of this CTA.
The first thing your Instagram followers will see is your bio. For example, if your Instagram reel comes up and the user wants to buy something from your dropshipping store, they will open your Instagram account and read your bio. This bio should give them useful information right away, like a call to action (CTA). You can reach more people with the help of this.
Use a dropshipping tool like dropship-empire to make sure your work is done quickly and well. It helps you find products that fit your needs, choose the right seller for an order, and make the most money possible. Visit our website to find out more.