When we talk about dropshipping platforms, AliExpress and Wish are often mentioned as two of the best. AliExpress is much bigger than Wish, but a lot of people have trouble telling the difference between the two.
Don’t worry—in this detailed comparison of Wish vs. AliExpress, I’ll list their biggest differences and help you choose the best dropshipping platform for your needs.
Wish vs. AliExpress: What You Need to Know
Before we talk about how Wish and AliExpress are different when it comes to dropshipping, let’s quickly talk about how big these two online stores are.
AliExpress is one of the most popular and profitable shopping sites in the world. It is owned by the Alibaba Group. Even though AliExpress is based in China, it has a big market share in places like Singapore, Russia, Brazil, and the United States.
Most of the sellers on AliExpress are from China. They offer a wide range of products, including electronics, clothing, outdoor gear, kitchenware, utensils, and other useful items. AliExpress also has a feature called “Buyer Protection” to keep its customers safe from scams. For dropshipping, you can use dropship-empire, which is the official dropshipping tool for AliExpress. It has a list of thousands of sellers all in one place.
Wish is a relatively new eCommerce platform based in the United States. It is owned by ContextLogic Inc. The company is based in San Francisco. At first, it was an online place where people could make lists of things they wanted.
Wish has grown over the last few years to have more than 500,000 sellers from all over the world. The online store has grown a lot, and in 2020 it will make $2.5 billion a year.
Wish, like AliExpress, has a dropshipping feature that lets you list products in different categories, such as technology, clothing, toys, utensils, and more.
Differences in Dropshipping between Wish and AliExpress
Now that you know the basics of each platform, let’s learn more about how they work with dropshipping.
Getting a product
Since 2010, when it first opened, AliExpress has grown to become one of the biggest eCommerce platforms. On AliExpress, you can find a lot more products from a lot more sellers.
Most of the sellers on Wish sell clothes and electronics, which makes it harder for users to find a wide variety of items.
If you want to start a dropshipping business, a product’s price can make or break the deal. Here, dropshipping from AliExpress was a clear winner over Wish.
Even though it’s hard to compare every product that’s available on both sites, AliExpress tends to have better prices overall.
You can also use a number of tools, like Alitools, to keep track of the prices of different items on AliExpress.
As we pointed out in our comparison of Wish and AliExpress, both sites are very safe and reliable. Wish has millions of customers all over the world, but most of them are in the US and Europe.
On the other hand, AliExpress has a big presence in the US, Europe, Brazil, Russia, and many other places around the world.
Services for Dropshipping
AliExpress has always been one of the best and easiest ways to start a dropshipping business. Wish has also started dropshipping, but it doesn’t have as many options as other services.
For example, you can easily use tools like dropship-empire to handle all of your AliExpress dropshipping orders automatically.
Dropship-empire provides a wealth of advanced tools to help you run your dropshipping business smoothly, from Supplier Finder to Bulk Orders. A dropshipping store built on Wish can’t do this kind of automation right now.
AliExpress vs. Wish: Pros and Cons
Now that you know the main differences between AliExpress dropshipping and Wish dropshipping, let’s quickly go over the pros and cons of each.
- Dropshipping is pretty easy to do with Wish.
- It has a large number of catalogs and sellers for you to choose from.
- PayPal, Payoneer, and other payment gateways can be used without any problems.
- On Wish, there are a lot of sellers who sell fake items.
- It is fairly new and only offers a few dropshipping services.
- Most of the prices are a bit higher than average.
- Up to 15% more in commission fees.
Dropshipping on AliExpress
- It is one of the biggest and most well-known dropshipping platforms, and millions of sellers use it.
- Users can automate most of their work with the help of dropship-empire, which is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool.
- There are many tools and plug-ins that can help you with dropshipping (like social integration, timely insights, and more).
- To start an AliExpress dropshipping business, we need to spend at least a certain amount of money.
- Some products can take more time to ship than others.
Tip: Use dropship-empire, which is the official AliExpress dropshipping partner.
As you can see, dropshipping on AliExpress is a much better choice than Wish. But if you want better results and more sales, you should think about using a tool like dropship-empire.
It’s the official dropshipping solution from AliExpress, and it lets you look at hundreds of sellers all in one place.
- With the help of dropship-empire, you can order hundreds of items at once from the seller of your choice.
- It also lets you create bundles of products that can help sell more of them all together.
- There is a built-in feature in dropship-empire called Supplier Finder that lets you choose the best-rated supplier for your products and make the most money possible.
- You will also have more advanced options for tracking numbers and order statuses to sync automatically.
- Other helpful features include automatic pricing, managing multiple stocks, dividing products, etc.
Now that you know which dropshipping platform to choose, you can start your new eCommerce business right away.
When we compare Wish to AliExpress, it’s clear that AliExpress is a much better choice. Besides that, dropship-empire is the way to go if you want to grow your AliExpress dropshipping business.
It is the official dropshipping tool for AliExpress. Several thousand businesses already use it, and its automated features would help you get ahead.