It’s worth your time to keep up a blog for your online store because it can help you make more sales. How? Let’s see!
You can see that many online stores and companies, no matter what service they offer, have blogs. You might think that blogs are out of date, that no one reads them, and that they don’t work. But you should remember that articles can be a great way to help customers make decisions and give them advice. Having blog posts can also be a good way to promote your business on the most popular social media platform.
Here are some reasons why having a blog for your Shopify store is a good idea. I will also tell you what kinds of things to post.
Why is it worth creating a blog in general?
By keeping a blog and posting interesting content on it regularly, you can get more sales and more traffic. Well, having more visitors is better than making more sales, but this is a natural thing that happens, and having more visitors is great. Blogs are also a good way to keep customers coming back. So, if someone has already bought something from your store, they can find out more about that product, such as how it works.
After a buyer has placed an order, you can send them a newsletter or email with related content. As for the emails, send a newsletter to your subscribers regularly, always write about interesting and useful information, and always send your newly published blog posts so that more people can read them. With these articles, you can make content for Facebook and other social media sites, and you can share them for free anywhere.
In fact, the more blog posts you write, the more pages you’ll have that link to your site when you share them on social media and search for them on Google. You can also add more links to other posts on your blog in each one. Another benefit of keeping a blog is that if you write content that people really like, it will help you rank in search engines (SEO) (Search Engine Optimization). Every link to your site that is on another site tells Google that your site is important.
When you think about writing about a topic, make sure you always stay true to your brand. Also, don’t forget that people are likely to spend more time on your online store’s platform if it has a blog.
What can you use the blog for?
- Getting your products out there (new ones, seasonal, by any category, occasions).
- Use it for marketing. You don’t have to always write about your products in articles. You can get visitors by writing about other interesting things. This makes people stay on your site longer and makes it easy for them to find the pages for your products. Write about themes that go together. At the end of this blog post, you’ll find some suggestions for different kinds of products.
- You can tell your own story or the story of a customer who bought your product.
Tips & Tricks
- Use clean design, and pick the right colors and other visual elements.
- Don’t complicate things.
- Use high-quality, clean images and show off your products from different angles.
- Inspire visitors. Write about things that will get them interested or convince them to buy your products.
- Pay attention to how you write. One of the most important things for blog posts is good grammar. The way the text is laid out must also be well-kept.
- Make sure your blog looks good.
- As many links as you can to products in your online store should be in your articles.
- Try not to give too much information to visitors.
- Put up articles about how people can test your products.
- Always talk to the people you want to reach, and think about how they feel when they visit your blog, menu, and store. Think with their minds and see with their eyes.
- Tell stories about yourself, like your past, your goals, and how you’ve grown, or about your customers and how they’ve used your products or services.
- When you write a blog post, use the AIDA model. In our other article, you can read more about it.
- Upload new posts often, because if people see the date of your last post, they’ll know you’re still in business and that you’re still being updated. How many times? For example, every week.
- You don’t have to be a great writer, and short posts are fine. You can also ask someone for help or hire someone to help you keep up your blog.
- A blog can help you build your brand over time.
- Always share what you know about the topic and try to make an impact.
- Write about what’s new in your field.
- Tell your company what’s new and what’s going on in your life.
- Use blog posts to talk about your sales.
- Show people how to use your products with how-to videos. Give help.
- Tell people how your products are made, where they are made, and what they can be used for.
- Write headlines that sell and get more people to click on them. In the title, use a question mark and prime numbers.
- Stay between 7,000 and 8,000 characters (with spaces).
- Tell us about the things you do.
Where can I find images that I can use for free?
Well, most likely you’ll put pictures of your own products on your blog. So, you have nothing to worry about. But what if you want to use cool pictures from other sources? There are many websites where you can find images that you can use for free. Please don’t use images that you haven’t paid for if you haven’t already done so. Also, if you need to, be sure to name the source. On a page with free stock photos, you can’t use all of the pictures either, but it’s easy to figure out which ones you can use. You can tell they are not free to use because they have a watermark, a yellow star or crown, or something similar.
Specific content ideas by product categories
- Accessories: As for things like jewelry and watches, you can find out what’s popular this year and how they are made.
- Adult: how to act in certain situations, what to do if my partner likes…, what something is, and how to have more fun in life.
- Baby, Children Products: health, pregnancy, what the first few years are like, and cute and funny pictures.
- Bag: Types of bags, what to wear on certain occasions, and the difference between leather and leatherette.
- Beauty: health, for example, make-up tutorials, fashion, fast fashion, recycling, pet care, how to spend your money wisely, designs, matching colors, styles, what people used in the past, and make-up for special occasions.
- Clothing: Some special new products, advice collections, wardrobe essentials, seasonal products, dress shapes for body shapes, a throwback to past times and trends, a new collection, outfits from your clothes based on movies, how to organize your clothes, rules for being trendy, an article about famous designers, what to wear to…, what colors watches, add the color of the year to your wardrobe, what products go well together, photos of your customers wearing your products.
- Food: Find out about new products, recipes, products and tastes from different places (like Thailand and the Middle East), chefs, sweets, and special meals.
- Furniture: How to decorate your home, what materials go well together, and ask your customers to send you photos of your products in their homes.
- Gift Shop: blogs about events and your products for both men and women, friends and family, such as birthdays, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc.
- Hobby: what to do based on the weather, what’s new, tips, tutorials, photos of products, and customer stories.
- Home Décor: There is home decor for every style, like clean and white, modern and gray, sensual and red, happy and bright, rustic, vintage, and pet-friendly. Also, what colors go well together, pictures of cool designs or homes, and new products.
- Electronics: how to repair gadgets, the newest developments, new products, tests.
- Outdoor Gear: It can be about hunting, knives, and other things like that: new products, posts about product types, high-quality nature photos, and stories of adventures.
- Pet Products: how to make your pet happier, diseases, toys, activities, new products, and essential products.
- Sports Merchandise: health, what to eat as an athlete, what clothes are best for certain sports, and what products are best for certain sports.
- Toys: the best toys based on gender, age, and interest. What educational toys do you recommend, both indoors and outdoors, as well as blog posts with cool pictures and stories?
- Vehicle Products: There are reviews of cars and other vehicles, posts about fixing things from the beginning, new products, and products that every owner of a certain vehicle needs.